Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Official...

Avery is walking (well...toddling)! I'm not even sure when it happened..it seems like it was overnight. One day she was just taking a few steps, and the next she was full force toddling. As of today, she is walking about halfway across a room before falling down. It's funny b/c when she gets excited, her toddling becomes faster until she runs into something! My goofy girl! She is so proud of herself and getting more courageous every day! In fact tonight she had two accidents that brought on full force crocodile tears. We had to get out the owie lamb (courtesy of her first FBC Sunday School teachers) and try to ice down her forehead. Of course, she wanted to suck on the plastic ice cube rather than keep it on her forehead. What's a mom to do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Avery! I noticed on Sunday how well she was doing...it's all so cute! Oh, and Reece does the same thing with her owie lamb, and I don't have a solution. At least it distracts her and she usually stops crying. :)

The McDons said...

Hey! I found you through the Garza's blog. We were in Ryan and Beth's Sunday school class together. I can't believe your baby is already a year old! She is adorable. Hope y'all are doing great!

Laura

Unknown said...

I wish I could see her!

Anonymous said...

These babies grow fast, but it is so fun to watch. Yea Avery!